Monday, May 5, 2014

April 2014 Wrap-Up

So having a TBR list didn't work out so well this month. I ended up being insanely busy with my classes, but I'm hoping May won't be as bad. So here it is...

I read two books. Yikes. I know. I'm a little ashamed of myself after making such a big deal in my TBR post. I think part of the reason that I didn't read Out of the Silent Planet or The Ask and the Answer is because I really wanted to read Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare (which I actually finished in May).
  1. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green - This book is about a teenage girl named Hazel Grace Lancaster. She also happens to be a cancer patient who is forced by her parents to go to a cancer support group. At that support group she meets a handsome young lad named Augustus Waters and they develop a friendship that eventually becomes a romantic relationship. I really enjoyed this book. I loved John Green's writing style and it made me want to buy every John Green book. Sadly my bank account and TBR pile held a secret meeting and later told me I couldn't do that, so it might be some time before I buy another book by John Green. I give it a 5 out of 5 stars.
  2. Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell - This is about two teenagers, Eleanor and Park, who slowly fall in love on their school bus. The book alternates between their perspectives so we can read through their thoughts and see where the relationship stands for both of the protagonists. I have to admit that I didn't like this book as much as I liked Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell, but they are also two very different books. I still liked Rowell's writing style, but I had trouble connecting with Eleanor at times. I was also not happy with the way the book ended, but at the same time I thought it was well-written and moving. I gave it a 4 out of 5 stars.
I might participate in Bout of Books 10 because I have so many different books that I want to read soon. What did you read in April?

No comments:

Post a Comment