I've seen a few people do this tag, so I thought it would be fun to have my own version! I will note that I am not including college textbooks on
- How many unread books do you own?: If I have been keeping track properly, I own 21 books that I have not read (including eBooks). If I had no restraint, I would easily have at least 50 unread books on my shelf.
- How many books do you own that you have read?: I'm not at home at the moment, but my estimate would be between 40 and 50. If I didn't have a habit of selling my old books to Half-Price Books, the number would probably be around 100. And yes, I regret most of my Half-Price Books sales because there are a lot of books I want to reread, and therefore I will have to repurchase them in some form.
- Do you buy more books than you read?: Now I kind of do, but I have enough self control to not buy ten books for every book I read. I probably buy two books for every book I read.
- Why do you think you haven't read your unread books?: My reasons vary for this one. I'm not always in the mood to read something that is on my shelf. There is also the issue of time. I'm in college and I try to do classwork before recreational reading.
- Are you going to go on a book buying ban?: For now I am not. I have a handful of books that I keep putting in my Amazon shopping cart, but I never actually buy them because I want to spend my money more carefully.
No comments:
Post a Comment