Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Book Guilt 2014

I was inspired by Kristina Horner to write this post about my book guilt. I'm a college student, so most of the time I am doing classwork, sleeping, or wasting time on the internet (some of my time on the internet is productive, but definitely not all of it). I have too many books that I've bought, but I haven't even started reading most of them. I want to make 2014 the year that I read most of them. Knowing my current reading habits, I probably won't make it through every unread book on my shelf, but that doesn't mean I won't try.

What do I still have to read?
  1. The Casual Vacancy by JK Rowling (I'm the worst fan ever... but I did read The Cuckoo's Calling and it was wonderful)
  2. Insurgent by Veronica Roth
  3. Allegiant by Veronica Roth
  4. The Ask and the Answer (Chaos Walking) by Patrick Ness
  5. Monsters of Men (Chaos Walking) by Patrick Ness
  6. The Hobbit by JRR Tolkien
  7. Les Misreables by Victor Hugo
  8. Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
  9. Through the Looking-Glass by Lewis Carroll
  10. The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
  11. The Chronicles of Narnia Series by CS Lewis (I read The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe a few years back, but I have the giant book with the entire series and I need to just sit down and read it)
I could finish most of these easily and I'm sure I have more to add to the list, but I know I also have a list of over 20 books I really want to buy. It's a sickness. I want to be a well-read individual, but I have a lot of other things to save for, like a new camera for a class I am taking next spring and a new laptop because mine is slow and sassy. That has nothing to do with books, though. I am also trying to read 25 books this year, so I've left myself plenty of room to buy a few books when the time comes. I'm also right on schedule, which is great!

Do you have book guilt?

No comments:

Post a Comment